Changes and Fixed Issues in VisualApplets 3.0.3#
Further Enhancements of PoCL Detection Mechanism#
- The PoCL detection mechanism implemented in VisualApplets for marathon Camera Link and LightBridge frame grabbers has been further extended. A new state of the PoCL controller has been introduced: State
NonPoCL_Saveis a securing time gap between sensing the PoCL compatibility of a camera and connecting GND.
NonPoCL_Saveis reflected as new value of parameter
PoCL_Cable_Connection_Stability(introduced in VisualApplets 3.0.2 as 1.8 seconds for verifying the stability of the PoCL compatible signal) is now also reflected as a new value of parameter
PoCLStatePortBare dynamic-read parameters, i.e., the state of the PoCL controller can be read during runtime.
Enhanced PCIe Detection#
- All microEnable 5 marathon, ironman, and LightBridge firmware: Enhanced PCIe detection.
Support of PCIe Generation 1#
- Now all microEnable 5 marathon and LightBridge firmware also supports PCIe generation 1 (in addition to PCIe generation 2). The implementation of generation 1 consumes less resources than the implementation of generation 2 and is therefore helpful in designs that do not need the high bandwidth of generation 2, but are short of resources.
- Adding/deleting nodes on operators, hierarchical boxes, or user library elements is now possible without any side effects. All simulation modules connected to the changed operator/HBox stay connected.
Faster Loading of Initialization File for
RamLUTOperator in Binary Mode: The loading speed of the initialization file for operator
RamLUTin binary mode has been enhanced.
Extended Data Output: Operator
RamLUTnow supports 128 Bit Data output which allows to use the maximum RAM bandwidth.
- O-type operators can be implemented in parallel now also when they get their image data from an infinite source.
TxLink / RxLink#
RxLinkdon’t cause timing errors anymore when using small parallelisms and bit widths. (was relevant to microEnable IV VD4-CL/-PoCL and microEnable IV VQ4–GE/-GPoE. Fixed.)
- Enhanced documentation stating recommended settings for bit width and parallelism to ensure good routing results.
ROM and LUT#
LUT have a new parameter
ImplementationType that influences the implementation strategy of the operator, i.e., which logic elements are used for instantiating the operator. Available options are AUTO, BRAM, or LUTRAM. This allows to design applets using large LUTs with, e.g., 2^16 addresses on a mE5-MA-VCL (Kintex).
SYNCoperator now accesses valid memory areas also when in SyncToMax mode.
- Update of user library elements is now possible without any side effects. All simulation modules connected to the updated element stay connected.
CameraGrayFull und CameraRgbFull#
- Fix of operators
CameraRgbFull: Both operators had a bug in 80bit mode AreaScan (8tapx10bit und 10tapx8bit) that in some exceptional situations resulted in the loss of a line within a frame. (LineScan configurations where not affected.) Affected target platforms were ironman and marathon Camera Link frame grabber. This has been fixed.
- Synthesis with Vivado tool chain also works when the VisualApplets installation path contains space characters.
- Comment boxes in designs now accept UTF-8 characters, i.e., users can add comment boxes now containing, e.g., Korean or Chinese language.
- In the Project Info panel of the VisualApplets program window, Resources: Now also the consumption of resource "Embedded ALU" is stated.
- Loading and refreshing user libraries works smoothly now.